*Due to strong demand for its program offerings, Innovate ND is at budget capacity and will not be accepting new applications until further notice.
Innovate North Dakota is a voucher and grant program available to entrepreneurs in North Dakota. Through expert guidance from business coaches at Entrepreneurial Centers, Innovate ND provides the entrepreneurial community of North Dakota the resources needed to help turn an innovative idea into a profitable business.
The program now has four phases that grow as your business grows.
|Phase||Entry Fee||Dollar Award||Match Requirement (cash or in-kind)||Phase Length|
|1-Voucher||$250||$2,000||Equal to 25% of award dollars reimbursed. Minimum of $5,000 by end of Phase 3.||3 Months|
- Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Entrance into the next phase is not guaranteed
- Phases 1, 2, and 3 are a voucher program where eligible expenses are reimbursed to the participant
- Phase 4 is a grant program. The participant must meet all requirements of N.D.C.C. Chapter 54-60.1
2720 E. Broadway
Bismarck, ND 58501
Jamestown Regional Entrepreneur Center
|UND Center for Innovation
4200 James Ray Drive
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Amy Whitney, Director
Entrepreneurs must meet the following criteria for acceptance into Phase 1:
- The business is registered or will be registered in North Dakota
- The idea or concept is innovative:
- A new business idea or concept
- An existing business model with a new innovative approach
- The idea or concept is a scalable business by bringing value back to North Dakota
- Serves a market outside the entrepreneur’s initial community