The Commerce Cabinet is made of state agencies that work to coordinate and communicate on efforts related to economic development and tourism. The commissioner of the North Dakota Department of Commerce acts as chairman and determines what agencies are members of this advisory group.
The Commerce Cabinet is currently composed of:
- Department of Commerce Division Directors – Community Services, Economic Development & Finance, Tourism & Marketing and Workforce Development.
- The executive heads, or authorized representatives, of the:
- State Board for Career and Technical Education
- State Board of Higher Education
- Bank of North Dakota
- Department of Agriculture
- Workforce Safety & Insurance
- Department of Transportation
- Job Service North Dakota
- Game & Fish Department
- Any other agency appointed by the Commerce Commissioner.
This group meets at times determined by the Commerce Commissioner.