A growing cluster of UAS research, business and military interests call North Dakota home. Successful partnerships among private businesses, universities and the state continue to strengthen North Dakota’s position as a UAS leader. North Dakota boasts one of the most unencumbered and accessible airspaces in the nation.
Advantages to Doing Business in North Dakota
- Income tax credit for research expenditures.
- Corporate income tax credit for new and expanding businesses.
- Sales and use tax exemption for manufacturing equipment.
- No personal property tax - including equipment, inventory, materials in process and accounts receivable.
- Grants, low-interest loans and training programs.
- Lowest workers compensation rates in the nation.
- UAS industry support among state and local government, industry, academia and general aviation.
- Existing manned and unmanned aviation best practices.
- History and culture of aviation safety.
- Uncongested airspace.