The Division of Community Services was established to provide technical assistance to local governments, state agencies, and the executive branch in the areas of community and rural planning and development, policy research and development, and grant program implementation.
- Renewable Energy Council - Provides funding for research, marketing and education to foster development of renewable energy.
Consolidated Plan - Contains a description of the state housing and community development needs and resources, establishes strategies, and prioritizes the use of housing and community development dollars statewide.
- North Dakota Census Office - Serves as the state's liaison to the US Census Bureau and is the state repository of census information; assists in reporting and responds to public requests for demographic information.
- Building Codes - Updates and amends the North Dakota State Building Code.
- Weatherization Assistance - Increases the energy efficiency of dwellings owned or occupied by low-income individuals to reduce their energy expenditures and improve their health and safety.
- Individual Development Accounts - Offers matching funds to participating Community Action Agencies to eligible individual development accounts.