The North Dakota Department of Commerce offers a variety of grant and loan programs. Please use the links below to find information about programs that may meet your needs.
Economic Development & Finance
- Partners in Marketing - Provides grants of up to $25,000 per biennium to local professional economic development organizations for marketing activities that promote primary sector business or workforce attraction, retention or expansion.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Research North Dakota - Provides matching dollars to ND universities to assists private partners/companies in performing research, development and commercialization of specific projects.
- Biotechnology Research Grants - Provides dollars to designated projects to conduct research on and develop and commercialize vaccines and antibodies for the prevention of, treatment of, or cure for cancer; virally infectious diseases; or other pathogens.
- Operation Intern- Provides matching funds to help expand the number of internship, work experience and apprenticeship positions with North Dakota employers.
- Early Childhood Education Grant Program - Provides funding for public and private Early Childhood Education programs serving four year old children that are eligible for free or reduced lunches.
- Tourism Expansion - Provides grants for private business and non-profit organizations to fund infrastructure and building needs at new or expanding tourist and recreational facilities.
- Tourism Events - Provides grants for tourism and community partners to expand their marketing for events and festivals.
- Tourism Marketing - Provides grants for individual businesses, communities and tourism marketing organizations to promote North Dakota attractions and activities.