The Venture Grant program is designed to help move university-developed technology into the marketplace through startup or spinout companies. The Venture Grant Program provides seed grants and matching funds to facilitate startup or spinout company’s use of university technology. Due to the limited funds available, no Phase I grants will be awarded in the 2017-19 Biennium.
- Phase I Venture Grants are intended to determine the feasibility of building a business around university technology. Acceptable uses of Venture Grant funds include:
- Analysis of the potential market
- Assessment of the technologies’ readiness
- Further advancement of technology
- Intellectual property costs
- Phase II Venture Grant applications will only be accepted from individuals/groups that have successfully completed a Phase I award. Phase II provides matching funds to the research university to continue refining the technology for market. The research university’s identified private sector partner may be:
- An early stage company; or
- An individual interested in starting a business using university technology.
Venture Grant - Due to the limited funds available, no Phase I grants will be awarded in the 2017-19 Biennium.