The North Dakota Department of Commerce today announced that organizations wishing to apply for AmeriCorps Grant funds are required to provide a letter of intent by Friday, Jan. 24.
AmeriCorps Grant funds provide assistance for programs to recruit, train and supervise AmeriCorps members meeting critical community needs in the areas of education, disaster services, health, environmental stewardship, economic opportunity and service to veterans and military families. Grant applicants are responsible for designing service activities for a team of members serving full- or part-time for one year or during the summer.
“Members of AmeriCorps are people of all ages and backgrounds who meet critical needs through a variety of programs and initiatives,” AmeriCorps Program Officer Ryan Volk said. “Participating organizations can greatly benefit from the skills, experience and education that many of the members possess.”
Public or private nonprofit organizations, including labor organizations, faith-based and other community organizations, institutions of higher education, government entities within states or territories (e.g., cities, counties) and Indian tribes, or a partnership or consortia consisting of the previously mentioned, are eligible to apply. There is a minimum overall grantee match of 24 percent. Starting with the fourth year of funding, the overall match increases to 26 percent. The match increases to 50 percent by the 10th year of funding and any year following.
Interested organizations should visit workforce.nd.gov or contact Ryan Volk at 701-328-6048 or firstname.lastname@example.org