Land Board Awards $15 Million to K-12 Schools, $1.3 Million to Airports in Western North Dakota
Post Date: Aug 03 2015
By ND Governor's Office
The Board of University and School Lands (Land Board) today awarded $15 million in Energy Impact Grant funds to K-12 schools and another $1.3 million to airports in western North Dakota’s oil and gas region.
On Wednesday, the Land Board awarded $11.5 million in grants to the region’s local law enforcement agencies, emergency medical services and non-profit service organizations. Since 2011, the state has appropriated more than a half-billion dollars in Energy Impact Grant funds alone, a small portion of the state’s overall commitment to helping the oil and gas region’s counties, cities, schools and other political subdivisions address the challenges of rapid growth.
“Working together, we are making great progress in addressing the impacts associated with a growing economy and population,” said Gov. Jack Dalrymple, chairman of the Land Board. “These grants are part of a much larger, ongoing commitment to working with our local leaders in western North Dakota so that we continue to build on our advancements.”
Other Land Board members are Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, Secretary of State Al Jaeger, Superintendent of Public Instruction Kirsten Baesler and State Treasurer Kelly Schmidt.
The Land Board approved $15 million in state grants for 62 school districts The Land Board will award an additional $15 million in grants to the region’s K-12 schools next year.
All of the state funds awarded today will be used for school renovations and other capital improvement projects. The grants awarded today to K-12 schools include:
The Land Board today also awarded $1.3 million in Energy Impact Grant funds to support capital improvement projects at six airports. Today’s grant awards for airport improvements are:
- $2.65 million - Williston Public School District #1
- $1.29 million - Dickinson Public School District #1
- $830,999 - Killdeer Public School District
- $1.39 million - McKenzie Co. Public School District #1
- $950,622 - New Town Public School District
- $741,165 - Stanley Public School District #2
- $655.655 - Bottineau Public School District #1
- $403,754 - Mohall, Lansford, Sherwood Public School District
- $415,429 - Tioga Public School District #15
- $581,979 - Beach Public School District #3
- $276,734 - Bowman Public School District
For a complete list of grants approved today by the Land Board go to: www.nd.gov/energyimpact.
- Dickinson Theodore Roosevelt Regional Airport - $642,486 for apron improvements, security upgrades and for the development of a master plan and wildlife hazard assessments.
- Minot International Airport - $165,878 for phase-two construction of a terminal access road and develop of a master plan.
- Garrison Municipal Airport - $178,678 for construction of fueling apron and runway rehabilitation.
- Kenmare Municipal Airport - $157,331for runway light improvements.
- Washburn Municipal Airport - $64,871 for apron and taxiway expansions.
- Westhope Municipal Airport - $96,793 for an apron expansion project and development of a master plan.