The Tourism Division promotes the rich culture and heritage, diverse scenery and unique and entertaining experiences found in North Dakota.
- Advertising & Marketing - Promotes North Dakota and its Legendary brand through development and distribution of promotional materials, digital marketing and mixed media advertising. Cooperative advertising opportunities are also developed and distributed with state tourism partners.
- Public & Media Relations - Provides complete information of what North Dakota offers to the media and visitors through news releases, familiarization tours and online. Proactively encourages feature stories and works with writers, bloggers and photographers on their North Dakota stories.
- Group Travel - Provides assistance for groups, preparing them for their adventure through North Dakota with planning, expanding or building tours within the state.
- International Travel - Promotes the state in the Nordic counties of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland, as well as Germany, Benelux, France, United Kindom, Australia and New Zealand. Active in hosting familiarization and media tours.
- AgriTourism - Provides assistance in turning farms, ranches and gardens into tourism destinations.
- Literature Distribution - Distributes brochures, guides and maps through tourism industry partners at highway rest areas and via the website.
- Outdoor Promotions - Promotes the state's outdoor activities and adventures through representation at sports shows, working with adventure writers, and through niche publications and advertising.
- Photo Library - Maintains an extensive photo library of North Dakota scenes and tourism venues.
- Tourism Development - Helps develop new visitor experiences and locations, as well as expansions to existing attractions, by connecting potential operators with available resources.
- Tourism Infrastructure - Provides grants for local non-profit organizations to fund infrastructure and building needs at new or expanding tourist and recreational facilities.
- Tourism Events - Provides grants for tourism and community partners to expand their marketing for events and festivals.
- Tourism Marketing - Provides grants for individual businesses, communities and tourism marketing organizations to promote North Dakota attractions and activities.