Business incentives, government accessibility, and workforce performance, combined with North Dakota's favorable position as one of the lowest cost states for operating a business, are driving top companies to establish operations in North Dakota. The Economic Development and Finance Division provides full service site location, incentive packaging and business liaison assistance.
- Business Development - Partners with communities on business development strategies to support start-ups, expansions and attraction of new companies to North Dakota.
Research - Provides business information and market research including industry background, company background and demographics, as well as managing databases related to companies, communities and available buildings.
- Incentive Certification - Manages certification process for many of the available state incentives including primary sector, microbusiness, research and development, seed capital investment tax credit, agricultural business investment tax credit, angel fund investment tax credit, automation tax credit and entrepreneurial center certification.
- EmPower North Dakota - Comprehensive energy policies to enhance North Dakota's energy industry, determined by a 16-member, governor-appointed board representing all the state's energy sectors.
- North Dakota Development Fund - Provides flexible gap financing through debt financing and equity investments for new or expanding North Dakota primary sector businesses and others through a variety of financing programs.
- Development Fund
- Rural Revolving Loan Fund
- Rural Incentive Growth Program
- Licensed Child Car Provider Loan Program
- Small Business Technology Investment Program
- New Venture Capital Program
- Entrepreneur Loan Program
- Entrepreneur Center Loan Program
Partners in Marketing - Provides grants of up to $25,000 per biennium to local professional economic development organizations for marketing activities that promote primary sector business or workforce attraction, retention or expansion.