The Venture Grant program is designed to help move university-developed technology into the marketplace through startup or spinout companies. The Venture Grant Program provides seed grants and matching funds to facilitate startup or spinout company’s use of university technology.
- Phase I Venture Grants are intended to determine the feasibility of building a business around university technology. Acceptable uses of Venture Grant funds include:
- Analysis of the potential market
- Assessment of the technologies’ readiness
- Further advancement of technology
- Intellectual property costs
- Phase II Venture Grant applications will only be accepted from individuals/groups that have successfully completed a Phase I award. Phase II provides matching funds to the research university to continue refining the technology for market. The research university’s identified private sector partner may be:
- An early stage company; or
- An individual interested in starting a business using university technology.
August 19, 2016
November 18, 2016
February 17, 2017
May 19, 2017