By ND Commerce Tourism Division
Bismarck, N.D. – Seven North Dakota tourism entities received 2015 Tourism Expansion Grants from the North Dakota Department of Commerce, Tourism Division. These grants support new or expanding tourism or recreation facilities or designated development areas by providing funding for infrastructure projects.
Created in 2007, Tourism Expansion Grants are matching grants requiring the sponsor to provide $1 for every $1 of grant money being requested. The total amount of grant dollars awarded for this program is $100,000 with individual grant amounts ranging from $5,000 to $24,000.
Funds may be used to build, remodel or expand tourism and recreation attractions. The attraction must have the ability to attract a visitor 50 miles one-way and retain a visitor for at least three hours.
Recipients of the 2015 Expansion Grants:
- Woodland Resort, Devils Lake, for landscaping and outdoor amenities at a new lodging expansion.
- Paddle On Rentals, Mandan, for a kayak, stand-up paddleboard and canoe rental facility at Harmon Lake.
- Ostlie’s Sunnyside Acres, Carrington, for an agritourism on-farm retail store and food trailer.
- Grafton Parks and Recreation, Grafton, for the addition of five bunkhouses at the Leistekow Campground.
- Maple Sugar Ranch, Belcourt, for construction of a concert and festival venue.
- Bry’s Guide Service, Devils Lake, for furnishings in a new lodging facility.
- Black Leg Ranch, Sterling, for conversion of a historic barn into an event center.
More details about the grant programs can be found at: http://www.ndtourism.com/industry/nd-tourism-grants/